A PDF version of my resume can be found here. It’s more complete and easy on the eyes.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
B.S. Engineering (2014) with a focus in product design & robotics
Spark Devices: Product Design Intern (August 2013, Minneapolis MN)
- Design, development, and implementation of smart products for the consumer product industry, using the Spark Core. Developed a low- cost, intelligent, Wi-Fi plant sensor.
GrasshopperNYC: Product Design Intern (Summer 2013, NYC)
- Implemented design changes for mass manufacturability to a multi- touch infrared smart table (entertainment industry). Created audio engineering solutions to minimize attenuation.
- Designed and built custom iPad enclosure for portable gaming
- Created the concept for and built a physical, hands-on (4’ x 4’), interactive puzzle game for an immersive attraction. Performed extensive prototyping. Conducted play testing with customers and wrote software programs for the exhibit.
Mechatronics Lab, d’Arbeloff Group: Undergraduate Researcher (2012, Cambridge MA)
- Developed electronic solutions for a leak-detection robot by creating PCBs, writing MATLAB control code, and performing radio frequency transmission tests.
- Tested circuits, 3D printed parts, and assembled a working prototype.
Singapore Institute of Microelectronics: R&D (January 2011, Singapore)
- Analyzed the physics of a single channel Coulter counter, a device for counting cells based on resistance changes. Generated a simulation in COMSOL of a 100-channel device to be produced. Optimized geometry for accurate readings with a small device size.
Robotech Center: Tech Advisor (2009 – Present, Nashua NH)
- Design, development of prototypes, and mass-production of a SuperRC car, an open-source autonomous toy car
- Created STEM education technology programs (XBOX, iPhone, robotics, 2D/3D game design, Flash animation, swarm robots, SuperRC car) for K-12 students. Developed curriculum to train a team of 17 instructors for the delivery of programs across New England.
Software: Solidworks, EAGLE, COMSOL, Maya, Adobe Suite (Flash, Photoshop, Primiere, Illustrator, InDesign)
Programming: Python, LabView, ActionScript, C#, CSS/HTML
Hardware: PCB Design, Machine shop trained, Arduino, Microcontrollers, Rapid prototyping
- Speaker & Exhibitor, Makerfaire NYC 2012 and 2013
- Presenter, Lego Research Institute
- 1st place overall and 1st place for controls: Robotics gymnastics robot
- Presenter, Game Developers Conference, Robotics Trends, RoboNexus